- What did you do this past week?
This week, I have been working on the Darwin project. It has been pretty challenging doing it without getters and setters, as I am very used to using them before. However, it has helped me see how to apply the things we learned from the papers really well.
- What’s in your way?
I have 2 projects due Tuesday in addition to Darwin, so I am trying to get Darwin done so that I have time to work on my other projects. However, I am working alone, so it is a decent bit of work.
- What will you do next week?
Next week, I will be finishing up the rest of my projects, and then I will probably try to relax a bit.
- If you read it, what did you think of the Paper #12: More Getters and Setters?
I read the paper, and I think it did a good job of expanding on the last paper that we read. I think it does a good job of explaining exactly why getters and setters are dangerous, and how to avoid using them.
- What was your experience of initializations, copy constructor, copy assignment, move constructor, and nove assignment? (this question will vary, week to week)
I have seen all of those before, and I understand generally how and when to use each of them, and how to implement them as well.
- What made you happy this week?
This week, I watched Arcane, which was really good. I highly recommend everyone else to give it a try as well.
- What’s your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week?
My pick-of-the-week is to look for online libraries — I have been working on audio visualization, and there have been many libraries that I found online that have been a huge help.